Sunday, December 4, 2016

Virgin Active

Several years of no updates, oops..

This one warrants an update though:

For the first time ever, I've joined one of those fancy pants gyms with classes and gym clothes and stuff.

I joined Virgin Active this week after a devastating month abroad where there was no scale, tons of dinners with colleagues, thanksgiving, and then my birthday back home... Was miraculously only up 1-1.5kg from when I left (when I was doing pretty good and losing somewhat steadily, reaching a half decade record of 55.2kg), considering how much I ate.

Day 1: Cardio on elliptical + Grid Fit class. Quads were on fire after. Unfortunately this was followed by a crazy binge with home team, so the next day I was actually up 1.4 kg, hopefully some of that from the water weight from all my muscles retaining water from the torture of Grid Fit. 58.1kg

Day 2: Did normal elliptical, and also tried yoga for the first time. It was awkward at first but at some point it started getting pretty trance-like, with time.. slowing.. down.. No change in weight today because I overate again.. 58.2kg

Day 3: Did an epic day of 4 classes cos Benj was visiting on a one-day pass and I wanted him to experience as much as possible. Did reduced cardio (250 cal instead of 300), BUT did four cool classes - aerial yoga, hot yoga, bodypump technique, and pop pilates.

Had lunch in their grab-and-go cafe, salmon + egg quesadilla was surprisingly good. I like that they have nutrition info in their menus too.

P.s. they have a free flow of free apples, woohoo.

Tried a full body scan to find the devastating news that not only am I fat, I am also seriously obese in terms of body fat :( My Withings scale has been lying to me so sweetly..

Some of that muscle torture water weight is coming off. 57.6kg, 35.4%bf (gym scale) SCREAM.

Day 4: Went to Benj's gym (not VA) and did normal cardio and some pansy weights. More water weight off, but some muscles still hurt a bit from the four class marathon. 57.4kg (Withings says 28% bf but I don't trust it anymore..)


No comments:

Post a Comment